Each month, I will be sharing my monthly favourites. These may be photography related, or things I use that help make my life more organised, healthy and fulfilled. I hope you can find something that you enjoy too!
Well, lets just call this Mum life, as March’s monthly favourites are a little behind this month! But here they are!
Following on from January and Februarys monthly favourites, I am sharing another set of 5 things that my family love to use to live a more organised, healthy and fulfilled life. We love to support local and small business’ as much as we can, and I only share things we genuinely love. Just as a quick note, some things I link to contain affiliate links. This means I get a small commission if you also purchase something via the link I share.
- Oceans Edge Health Club – It’s so hard to find a gym on Cairns’ northern beaches that has a creche! I’ve always enjoyed going to the gym (yes, I’m one of ‘those’ people!) so when I first got pregnant, having a gym that had a creche was a priority. While, I supplement going to the gym with working out at home some days, I still need that membership to have some ‘me time’ too, and the kids love the social side of going to the creche. I came across Oceans Edge Health Club at Palm Cove and it had everything I needed. Les Mills group fitness classes, gym equipment, a pool, saun, showers and a really family friendly environment. Oceans Edge has a real community feel, which, as a Mum, I think we really need. The girls there are so good and if your child is particularly upset, they all work together to ensure us Mums don’t miss out on a bit of much needed self care. They have a few options to join. Yearly, monthly, weekly or pay per visit. The no lock in contract thing is great for me, because, inevitably children are often sick. I don’t feel worried that I’m paying for something and not using it during those times. Highly recommend Oceans Edge Health Club. Even if you aren’t a Mum and are just looking for a lovely gym on Cairns Northern Beaches.
- Thermomix – I’ve owned my thermomix for around 7 years now (Thank you German manufacturing!) When I bought mine, they weren’t as popular as they are now. It is a huge investment, and honestly, I was worried about if we could justify such a big spend on something commonly referred to as a ‘glorified blender’. But it is probably one of the best things I’ve spent a larger amount of money on. I really love to cook food from scratch. Often times I probably expect too much of myself and how much I can fit in to one day (!!) but it’s just something that’s really important, and enjoyable to me. I love to know what’s going in to the food I’m eating, and I find it really relaxes me. While I don’t use it daily, if it broke, I would 100% buy a new one. It makes cooking healthy meals from scratch so quick, easy and accessible. I regularly make my own stock pastes, mill my own flour and basically ‘ALL THE THINGS’ in it. Things that would normally be deemed too hard and time consuming without one. I’m not a consultant, so I won’t go in to the ins and outs of everything it does, but you’ve probably heard at least one of your friends talking about them. Another highly recommended piece from me!
- Chatbooks – Oh Chatbooks! If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you’ll know how much I love printing my photos and therefore, Chatbooks. I have two systems. One for printing my camera photos (I use Blurb books for this), and one for my phone photos (I use Chatbooks for this). It is so so easy! You set up an account, link it to your Instagram account, then every time you upload 60 photos, it prints a book and sends it to your house! How easy is that? You literally don’t need to do anything, and then you have your memories beautifully printed regularly in photobooks! However, if you do like to control some things, then before the book is shipped, you will receive an email asking if you’d like to make any changes. You can change the order of the photos and add captions if you like. Printing your photos has never been easier! By following the Chatbooks link, you will also receive $10 off your first photobook. I can’t wait to see you printing your familys memories.
- Oh She Glows App – Whilst I do eat meat, we also eat lots of plant based meals and I am doing more and more research into eating a more plant based diet. I was introduced to the Oh She Glows recipes a couple of years ago and recently stumbled across the app via Angelas blog. I have only used it for a few weeks, but I’m really loving the meals and the fact that she offers instant pot recipes too! These are so great for work days. I can put something in my slow cooker and by the time I finish work and collect the children, I have a delicious and nutritious meal waiting for us 🙂
- Would I even be a family photographer if I didn’t mention my FREE downloadable guide to printing and organising your photos?! I have lost count of the amount of people who have said to me how unorganised their photos are and that every month they say they will print their favourites, and then they don’t have time. Before they know it, their kids have left home and technology has moved on and they don’t have any photos to sit and reminisce over. My FREE guide will help you with this. I want to make it as simple as possible for you, so you can get your photos off your hard drive and onto the wall or into photo albums! You can download the guide here!
So that’s it. Another monthly faves! I hope you find something you love on here! If you try any of my suggestions don’t forget to let me know in the comments or send me a message on Facebook or Instagram. I love to know whether my suggestions help others too.
See you again next month for another Monthly Faves!