This post contains affiliate links
What better time to start a new blog series than a new year?!
I have wanted to create a monthly faves blog series for a while now, but kept putting it off. But my love for sharing helpful things for busy Mums over on my Instagram page has spurred me to turn it into monthly blog posts. That way, you have an easy, clickable way to see if the things I use in my life will help you with your own!
Monthly faves will go live at the start of every month, and will include 5 of my favourite things for that month. They might be photography related, health & fitness related, favourite recipes, what I’m reading… the list is endless, but I hope you find something useful each month!
January is a time when we all start the year with our best intentions. We want to get organised, get fit and take care of ourselves! So this month, I’m sharing my top 5 go-to’s that help me achieve those goals!
- White Lotus Spa – I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love going to my local spa here at Trinity Park, Cairns. I found it by accident once years ago. I think someone bought me a gift voucher, and I’ve been going as much as I can ever since! Even my Husband buys me vouchers to use here for special occasions without being asked! The description from their website reads: ‘Our Day Spa is designed to reflect the beautiful tropical environment of Far North Queensland with just a hint of Bali ambience. Our elegant spa pavilions are reminiscent of a Balinese Village, set amongst tropical gardens and surrounded by cooling water features.’ My favourite treatment is the Aromatherapy Body Massage plus Wildflower Essence followed by a facial. (However, I am a creature of habit and should probably expand my massage repertoire ASAP!! – Hint Hint Husband) If you are looking to start your year with some self care, I highly recommend the ladies at White Lotus.
- Gooseneck phone holder – I ordered this phone holder recently after a recommendation from a friend. I wanted something I could use when recording content on my phone for my business but that I could also use when taking selfies with my family. I recently shared this over on my Instagram account, to help Mums out with capturing photos of themselves with their children. (Because, how many of us have Husbands who capture beautiful moments without us asking, right?!) I love that the expandable holder allows it to fix onto so many different things, and the bendable ‘neck’ enables photos to be captured from many different angles. You can really get creative here 🙂 I got the white holder, but it is also available in black. Do you create online content? This is great for that too!
- Trello – Trello is one of my favourite organisational tools! Firstly, it’s free! Secondly, I can use it for both my business and home life and keep everything in one place, but on separate ‘boards’. I am such a visual person and love to see all of my to-do’s in one place. Because it’s computerised, it stays neat and tidy and I can ‘word vomit’ all my ideas as soon as I think of them (or add never ending home tasks to my board) then move them across to the particular day when I’m delegating the tasks. I can access from my iPhone, iPad and computer, and I can add team members (or my Husband) so that they can access the boards too!
- Simplified Planner – I love my Simplified planner! While Trello is my go to for writing down and arranging my tasks, I love to also have a physical/written copy of all my appointments, sessions and basically #allthethings. The planners are beautifully presented, covering the essentials with little extras in there too. There is space to arrange your day by the hour and a separate space on each day for to-do’s and notes. You can also buy sticker add-ons, and if you follow Emily Ley’s blog, she has so many tips for simplifying and organising your life! (She also hosts the simplicity challenge once a year. This is a 30 day challenge which assists you in achieving a simpler, more joyful life. If you’re anything like me, simple and joyful is your love language too! I just can’t focus if my life is cluttered. So that’s my little bonus monthly fave – Emily Ley’s blog! (Check out her free printables too!)
- My 5th favourite for January is Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach, YouTube channel. I’ve been following him for years, ever since his Lean in 15 books first came out. His Instagram account got popular when he was sharing lots of free workouts and easy, no fuss, healthy meals in 15 minutes. (Definitely check those out, they’re catchy to watch and you don’t have to be a good cook to make his easy meals! – See an example here) His YouTube channel has lots of free HIIT workouts. They are only 20 minutes long, so they’re perfect if you need to workout from home with children. You may know Joe from the recent lockdown due to covid-19. He became a worldwide sensation with his PE with Joe workouts. Everyday at 9am he went live on YouTube and did a family friendly workout. He has a great sense of humour and even did fancy dress Fridays every Friday and little quizzes to keep everyone entertained! Definitely check those out (here) if you are wanting to get a good workout but promote healthy living with your children too!
Related post: Working out from home with kids
So there we have it. My first monthly favourites in my new blog series! I can’t wait to share five of my favourite things each month that help make my life more organised, healthy and fulfilled!
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and wishing you the very best for 2021.